« Home | What date is it again? » | A walk above Grasmere - in beautiful sunshine » | Brokeback Mountain » | Busy, busy - stinking cold » | Pledge £20 to make a difference to the lives of ca... » | A New Year's walk on Loughrigg Fell » | Presenting: A view from the Lakes » 

Monday, April 03, 2006

Hmmm... might regret that

Have come to the conclusion that I'm in desperate need of some exercise. I'm working all hours at the minute, with the result that I seem to be putting on weight like never before. And I'm only getting a game of squash every couple of weeks if I'm lucky.

So, when I got home from work tonight, and it was still light and sunny, decided to cycle from Kendal to Staveley and back again - about 8 miles. Haven't cycled anything like that distance in years. V good for the mind, not sure about the body - I guess we'll see if I can walk in the morning!

On the downside - it started chucking it down with rain when I was half way round, so I got absolutley soaked. And it's still that cold winter type rain that's verging on hail. Grrr...

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

Hi! I'm Paul - and as you might have guessed I live in the Lakes. I work up here (or down here if you're Scottish) in PR type stuff.

Much of my spare time is spent on the fells - an avid hiker in one of the best places in the country for it.

Bit of a Radio 4 junkie, and a fan of the jazz of the likes of Jamie Cullum and Peter Cincotti. Not sure what that says about me!

Links

Powered by Blogger
Design by Blogger Templates